Ötztaler cycle marathon
From July to September 2020
Pain is temporary, glory is forever!
5,500 metres elevation gain, 238 kilometres total distance
It may sound easier said than done, but your host Manuel knows exactly what he is talking about. He has been a member of the Ötztaler Cycle Marathon family for more than ten years. Sometimes he has the unfortunate task to explain to the last cyclists (standing) that there is no finisher jersey in for them today. See below for more information.
After cheering you on during the start in the neighbouring town of Sölden, your family, team and fans can lean back in their spacious apartment at Chalet Obergurgl and follow the cycling action live on TV. Thanks to our download speed and capacity, they will be with you every step of the way.
In order to keep a cool head, they can take a short break in our spa and beauty area or in our fitness studio, both open from 10 am to 10 pm daily.
Train on the course
Use your stay at Chalet Obergurgl to get used to local conditions. At 1,930 metres above sea level, our town is the perfect place to acclimatise and prepare for your big day.
At first, the high altitude and thin air will place your body under additional strain. However, over time you will gradually become used to the lower oxygen levels. The body adjusts by increasing oxygen intake and blood circulation to the lungs – a 100 percent legal form of performance enhancement, so to speak!
ötztal Premium card
Included in every three-day stay or longer
Let's be honest. Shortly before the start, you won't accomplish a great feat.
You need to take a break time and again. And here the Ötztal Premium Card comes in handy, offering endless opportunities to enjoy what our region has to offer. From free use of cable cars and public transport to access to scenic destinations and outdoor adventures – the choice is yours.
A complete overview of included services can be found at https://www.oetztal.com/premiumcard.
Premium card highlights
- All cable cars in Ötztal Valley (once daily for every service)
- Fun in the water (once daily for every swimming hall or pool, lake, Aqua Dome thermal spa*, Area47 outdoor fun park, Wake Area wakeboarding park)
- Sights (museums, bird park, etc.)
- Fun games (pit-pat, mini-golf, Huben fun park)
- Public transport (free), hiking buses, mountain hut shuttle (discounted)
- Ötztal nature park
- Discounts at partner operators
Included at Chalet obergurgl
- Free high-speed internet (about 50 mbit download and 30 mbit upload speed)
- Nespresso coffee maker including 10 capsules
- Turkish bath, infrared sauna
- Indoor pool
- Complementary Bvlgari beauty products
- Free outdoor parking
- Free use of fitness studio
- Free use of bicycle storage room (CCTV)
- Daily room service (bed making, fresh air, waste disposal)
- Ötztal Premium Card included for stays of a minimum of 3 days
- 20% discount on toll fee for Timmelsjoch mountain pass